The church is surrounded by a garden with mature trees on the perimeter.
From 1837 Penge only had a chapel and was part of the parish of Battersea. In 1848 local landowner John Dudin Brown, who was also a freeman of the Company of Watermen, donated a plot of land for a new church and St John the Evangelist was built and consecrated in 1850.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Penge East, Kent House. London Overground: Penge West. Bus 194, 227, 352, 358. Tram in Beckenham Road
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust