Along the main road the park is tree lined. It was originally laid out with formal gardens of which only a Lebanon cedar, two mature London planes and a straight walk remain. It is screened from playing fields to the south by privet hedge and shrubs. There is one notable oak in the playing fields area and the park has perimeter planting of London planes.
The land for the recreation ground was acquired by Lewisham Borough Council 1900 and opened in June 1901. It was named after Home Park Lodge, which gave part of its gardens to the new park. The public library was once the site of the stables to an early-18th century house occupied by Sir George Grove from 1860-1900, but which is thought to have once been owned by Charles James Fox.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open daily until dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open daily until dusk.
DirectionsRail: Lower Sydenham
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust