A good collection of monuments from the old church remains including those of the 16th century; among 18th-century memorials are those for prominent local dignitaries. The tree-filled churchyard, which has a restored 13th-century lych gate, was extended to the east between 1871-1894.
The parish of St George Beckenham was previously in Kent. Although a church on the site was not recorded until 1070, there was probably a church here in some form in Saxon times. The current church dates from 1885-7, built when a larger church was needed for the growing parish.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tram: Beckenham Junction. Bus: 54, 162, 227, 354 (not Sun), 367
- Medieval (1066-1540)
Diocese of Rochester
London Parks and Gardens Trust