Now further separated by the M4 Flyover, the two sides of the park are quite different in character. To the north the park is open grassland used for playing fields with a pavilion and playgrounds.
Carville Hall North and Carville Hall South were formed from the remains of the garden of Carville Hall. The estate was purchased by Middlesex County Council when the Great West Road was being constructed and in late 1919 the MCC sold the land not necessary for the new road to Brentford UDC to be laid out as an open space and war memorial. The park opened in 1923 as Carville Hall War Memorial Park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Tube (District): Gunnersbury then bus. Bus: H91
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust