Blondin Nature Area was opened in 1997 and planted with a community orchard, wildflower meadow and pond.
In 1928 Ealing Town Council decided to acquire 17.25 acres of land for public open space. Middlesex CC made a contribution of a quarter of the cost of the 9.25 acre recreation ground, conditional on this portion of the land being permanently dedicated to public use. It opened as Northfields Recreation Ground but in 1957 it was renamed Blondin Park after the French acrobat and tightrope walker, Charles Blondin, who had retired to this area.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Boston Manor, Northfields (Piccadilly). Bus: E3, E8
- Early 20th Century