This small estate is shown on the 1848 Ordnance Survey map lying to the east of Burnage Hall Road and surrounded by fields. The hall and grounds are now lost as the area has been developed.
The Hall and grounds were developed by 1848 when they are shown on the Ordnance Survey (OS) map to the east of Burnage Hall Road, with the Hall set well back from the road. Burnage Lodge and Cringle Brook Lodge were immediately to the north and a mausoleum, Dyer's Tower, across the road. Otherwise the estate was surrounded by fields. At that time there were formal gardens to the west of the Hall, a park to the east and south and a tree-lined drive from the road and through the park .
On the 1895 OS map it can be seen that the formal gardens have been removed as have the trees that lined the drive from Burnage Hall Road. Some additional planting of individual trees in the park is marked on the 1895 map.
The estate is now lost to development.
- Features & Designations
- Tree Avenue
- Tree Feature
- Key Information