Slade House 6157

Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Slade House had a house with grounds and a small park bounded by Slade Lane to the east, track and open fields to the north and west and backing on to Fallowfield Brook to the south. There were wooded pleasure grounds with system of boundary walks. The site was advertised as a 'Desirable Country Residence' with a garden and 'six acres of capital land' in the Manchester Guardian. The extent of the site was reduced by 1895, with Slade Farm occupying part of the park. The surrounding area was also greatly developed by this time.

References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit