Ashburne Hall (also known as The Oaks)6136

Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Ashburne Hall had a house with grounds and a small park. It was bounded by Wilmslow Road to the west, Old Hall Lane to the north (1895) and Whitworth Lane to the east (1895). The site was roughly rectangular with the house, pleasure grounds and possible productive garden to the north of the site close to Old Hall Lane. There was a wooded boundary belt to the east and single lines of trees, probably marking old field boundaries in the park. The site was reduced and the park was developed for housing by 1895. Parts of the site may survive as open space. This is now the site of Ashburne Hall, near to the Manchester University Athletics Ground.

References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit