Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Boreatton Park, Baschurch


Boreatton park was in existence from at least the 19th century. It later featured a new house at Boreatton Park, and consisted of extensive parkland with deer and fishponds. It is currently an adventure holiday destination.

Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts

Extensive parkland has been in existence here from at least 1808, and the park and house lie north-west of Park Farm and Boreatton Hall. The estate was bounded to the west by the river Perry, and to the north extended almost to the Wykey - Stanwardine road. In the 19th century it contained deer and some large fishponds. By 1808, a new house, Boreatton Park, had been built in the middle of the park, and was approached via a drive from Boreatton Hall (Baugh 1808; O.S. 1", LXX111.SW 1833). The house and stable block that currently stand were completed in 1857.

In 1884, the estate was purchased by Dr Sankey, and became a psychiatric asylum. Later, in 1942, the Home Office purchased the site and it became a correction centre and residential school for delinquent boys. In 1969 it became a community home, which closed in 1974. After remaining empty for some years, Boreatton Park was purchased by PGL in 1978, and opened on 14th April 1979 as an adventure holiday camp for school groups and familes.

Associated People
Features & Designations


  • Country House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Stable Block
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Fishpond
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Drive
  • Description: An approach drive to the new house from Boreatton Hall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Key Information





Principal Building

Domestic / Residential





Open to the public


Civil Parish