Baschurch Park 4908

Baschurch, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

In the 12th century, John Lestrange expanded his park, taking in part of Birch Wood. The park is now lost.

History

In 1194-5, the Abbot of Shrewsbury granted John Lestrange part of the Wood of Birch so that Lestrange could extend his park. As part of the same agreement, Lestrange agreed not to damage Platt Mill.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Baschurch
History

Period

  • Medieval (1066-1540)
  • 12th Century
References

References