Blythe Hill Fields is a large grassy mound, some 70 metres high from where there are fine views.
The land was formerly part of Brockley Farm and also the site of a brickworks, which was saved from housing development partly due to the hilly nature of the site. Blythe Hill House was built to the south in 1842 and its grounds covered a large part of Blythe Hill; the house was demolished in 1895. The land was purchased by the LCC and opened as a public park in 1935. A chimney from the former brickworks remained until 1938.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Catford, Catford Bridge. London Overground: Honor Oak Park. Bus: 122, 171, 172, P4, P12 (then walk)