The church has now been redeveloped as flats, with a small chapel created at the east end, and the former churchyard is only partially accessible. The churchyard had some fine tombs and gravestones, including a red granite obelisk marking the family grave of George and Mary Baxter. By the west wall was a memorial in the form of a pinnacle to members of the Tetley family of tea fame, dated 1872, and to the right of the main entrance was the gravestone to the Hennell family.
Christ Church was built in 1854 as the parish church of Forest Hill, although its tower with tall spire, which is a local landmark, was not erected until 1885.
Visitor FacilitiesPart of the grounds are accessible at weekends and holidays only.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsPart of the grounds are accessible at weekends and holidays only.
DirectionsRail: Forest Hill. Bus: 75, 171, 185
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust