Recent improvements have included restoration of the 'Sunken Garden', the railings have been repainted and part of the granite embankment walling has been replaced. Adjacent is the Aquarius Golf Course and the Waterworks.
Brenchley Gardens are named after Alderman William Brenchley JP, Chair of the Borough of Camberwell Public Services Committee. The linear gardens were opened in 1928, laid out on a steeply sloping site with a sunken garden and ornamental displays. The old track bed of the Crystal Palace High Level Railway was incorporated into the garden after its closure in 1954. At that time the rockery / shrubbery overlooking Forest Hill Road was created at the south end and the track-bed provided a glade alongside the original area of the park.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Honor Oak Park. Bus: P12, 63.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust