Battishill Street Gardens were opened by Sir John Betjamin in 1975, but the site is of historic interest for the 19th-century stone frieze installed within the gardens. It was originally made for the Hall of Commerce in Threadneedle Street, which was demolished in 1922. It was given to Islington Council in 1974 for erection in the new Battishill Gardens.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Access contact details
The site is open from 8am - dusk.
Tube: Highbury & Islington (Victoria). Rail: Highbury & Islington, Essex Road. Bus: 4, 19, 30, 43.
- Features & Designations
- Key Information
Parks, Gardens And Urban Spaces
Open to the public