Around the church is a hexagonal railed garden, essentially a strip of grass with a path and a number of mature trees.
The square is named for Sir Richard Cloudesley, who had an estate here from the early-16th century. In 1811 the Estate Trustees were permitted to let building leases and the Cloudesley Estate, also called Stonefield, was planned from 1812. Cloudesley Square, begun in around 1825, was the centre of the estate, with Holy Trinity Church built in 1826-29 to serve the growing population.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Angel (Northern). Bus: 4, 19, 30, 43