The churchyard is now largely grass, intersected by paths with avenues of London plane and lime trees. The gravestones and chest-tombs that remain are largely concentrated on mounds near the covered entranceway on the south side of the church.
All Saints West Ham parish churchyard dates back to the early Middle Ages. Stratford Langthorne Abbey was founded here in 1135 and became one of the richest in the country, in time owning much of West Ham, including the parish church, until the Dissolution of the Monasteries of 1538.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted; church open for Open House
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted; church open for Open House
DirectionsLondon Overground/Rail/DLR/Tube (Central, Jubilee): Stratford. Tube: West Ham/Plaistow (District, Hammersmith & City). Bus: 473, 262.
- 12th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here
Church of England