Albrighton Hall has the remains of gardens and woodland which have been restored. Features include a kitchen garden, lake and a pond with an island and rose garden.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Access contact details
By 1851 Albrighton Hall was surrounded by well laid out grounds and shrubberies. These included rhododendrons, firs and other trees. On the south side was a square pool approached by descending terraces. Near a conservatory was a sort of open summerhouse, formed of carved old black oak. There was also a pump house which supplied the hall with water.
In 1885 the hall was enlarged. It is also possibly at this date that a boathouse was added at the edge of the pool.
In 1889 a lodge stood at the main south entrance to the grounds. This can be seen on the six inch Ordnance Survey map.
- Features & Designations
- Key Information
Open to the public