This park probably dates from at least the mid-13th century, and is firmly attested from the mid-14th. It is now lost.
The Baschurch field name map shows a medieval moated site at SJ 448 192. North-west of that, close to the boundary
with Preston Gubbolds and Merrington manors, are various 'old wood' names, but
no 'park' ones.
Between 1243 and 1248, a park owned by Thomas of Rossall adjoined Merrington park. In 1335 a fence was erected between Merrington wood and Yagden park.
- Medieval (1066-1540)