Merrington Park, Merrington 5844

Merrington, England

Brief Description

In the 13th century, Robert le Girros granted Haughmond Abbey the whole of his manor of Merrington, including his park. In the 14th century, however, only Merrington Wood is documented, suggesting that disparkment may have followed the change of ownership.

History

In the mid-1240s, Robert le Girros had a park at Merrington. By 1335, there was no longer a park, but just a wood.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Pimhill
References

References