At the entrance on Alliance Road are fine wrought iron gates with the Borough coat-of-arms. On a sloping site, the garden has an area of lawn at the base of the hill, with a path winding up through steep woodland and shrubbery to an entrance at the top of the hill.
This small public garden was laid out in the 1930s and opened in 1942, named after William Barefoot (1872-1941) who had been Mayor of Woolwich in 1925-27.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Welling then bus. Bus: 51
London Parks and Gardens Trust