In the 1950s part of the site was used for landfill of green waste and bomb damage rubble, but it was later levelled and grassed over for a public open space.
The site was previously part of the lands of East Wickham Farm and East Wickham House, and the name dates back to at least 1284. The area was once wooded and an area of old oak woodland survives. It was part of the Manor of Plumstead, and in 1902 was transferred to Bexley Borough Council.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Welling. Bus: 96, 422
London Parks and Gardens Trust