Features of Bostall Gardens include a bowls pavilion, children's play area and a basketball court.
The site that is now Bostall Gardens was acquired by the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich in 1938. After World War 2 it was decided to develop the area as a public garden, which was laid out and opened in 1952. In 1960 a bowling green and pavilion were added and the sloping land laid out as a series of terraces. In 2004 the old bowls pavilion was extensively refurbished, and a new children's playground and a young people's basketball court were opened on the site of the old bowling green.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Abbey Wood then bus. Bus: 180.
London Parks and Gardens Trust