Facilities at the park include water sports and play areas.
The Welsh Harp or Brent Reservoir originated as a canal feeder of 1810. In 1833 Regent's Canal Company decided to build the reservoir, which opened in 1838. Before this the area had been grazing land either side of Silk Stream and River Brent. From 1859-1899 the Reservoir was a fashionable destination for recreational activities and entertainments, largely due to the popularity of the Old Welsh Harp Pub, from which the area takes its name. The old building was replaced in 1938 but this was eventually demolished in 1971 for road construction. Willesden (later Brent) Regatta was held here until the 1960s. Although much of the area was built up, in 1972 a large tract of land was kept undeveloped and used for a variety of purposes including recreation, nursery gardens, allotments and marshland. Neasden Recreation Ground had been created in 1927 on land donated by developers of the adjoining land. Welsh Harp Open Space was created in 1965 as a nature reserve, with new paths and other facilities in the late-20th century.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Wembley Park then bus; Brent Cross, Hendon Central (Northern) then bus; Neasden (Jubilee) then bus. Rail: Hendon. Bus: 12, 83, 142, 32, 183, 182, 112, 245, 297, 302 (+ walk)
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust