Gladstone Park 7805

London, Greater London, England

Brief Description

Many fine parkland trees remain from the earlier landscape and around the house, retained features include the lake and walled garden. Additional features included an open air pool opened in 1903, now a bowling green, flower beds and a formal terraced garden. A Holocaust Memorial by the artist Kotis was erected around 1968 in the north-west.

History

The core of Gladstone Park was formed from parkland of Dollis Hill House, once an extensive estate. The house that remains in the park today was built in 1825. Owned by the Earl of Aberdeen in the late-19th century, the Liberal Leader William Gladstone was often a guest here. In 1898 the house and land south of Dollis Hill Lane were acquired by Willesden Rural District Council and laid out as Gladstone Park, opened by the Earl of Aberdeen in 1901.

Visitor Facilities

Opening is unrestricted (Walled Garden locked at dusk).
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Opening is unrestricted (Walled Garden locked at dusk).

Directions

Tube: Dollis Hill (Jubilee). Rail: Kendal Road. Bus: 16, 182, 226, 232.
Contact
References

References