Private, Communal garden area for the adjacent terraced housing.
The garden was created in the form of a private town square for the facing terraced housing on two sides of a triangle. Both sides were originally designated as Upper Berkeley Place though one side is now called Upper Byron Place. It was created circa 1787.
The terraced housing now known as Upper Byron Place, where it fronts the communal garden, was formerly known as Upper Berkeley Place as well as the terrace still designated as Upper Berkeley Place. The terrace dates from c. 1787 and is by Thomas Paty in the late Georgian style.
- Late 18th Century
- 18th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Upper Berkeley Place/Upper Byron Place, Clifton, Bristol