The park is now sandwiched behind Tooting Leisure Centre and adjacent to St George's Hospital. It has been re-landscaped and has shrubberies, undulating ground, and new trees.
Tooting Gardens is a small public park that was laid out and opened to the public on 1 June 1912. It was originally to the west of the Fountain Road Fever Hospital, which opened in 1893, with Grove Hospital to the south built in 1894-9. In 1911 a drinking fountain was installed here, which had formerly stood at Tooting Broadway but removed when the memorial statue of Edward VII was erected. By 1953 play equipment had been installed in the park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Tooting Broadway (Northern) then bus. Bus: 44, 77, 155, 270, 280, G1
- Early 20th Century