The grounds include remnants of pioneering airing courts laid out for patients' exercise, 6 of which remain as well as formal landscaping. One of the airing courts has been created as a community horticulture project.
Springfield Hospital was built as the Surrey County Lunatic Asylum and opened in 1841 on the 40-hectare Springfield Park estate. It later transferred to the MCC and was renamed Springfield Hospital.
Visitor FacilitiesAccess is unrestricted to public areas; golf course private.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsAccess is unrestricted to public areas; golf course private.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
- Associated People
London Parks and Gardens Trust