The park is partly grassed with the remainder paved and provided with see-saws and swings.
Fountain Road Recreation Ground was laid out in 1932 as part of the adjacent Council housing development of Anderson House. The site had once been a clay quarry for brickworks, replaced in 1898 when the Council's 'dust destructor' was built here, the scheme for disposing of rubbish by incineration. The 153 foot high chimney was eventually demolished on 30 October 1930 and the recreation ground was laid out through a scheme for the relief of unemployment.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Tooting Broadway (Northern) then bus. Bus: 44, 77, 155, 270, 280, G1
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)