The church is set back from the road within a hedged garden, largely grassed, and with a war memorial surrounded by planting, and a shrub bed adjacent to north-east of the church. The war memorial commemorates 174 men who lost their lives in World War 1.
All Saints was built when the area was being developed by the London County Council. The LCC had acquired Totterdown Fields for a housing estate in 1900 and the Totterdown Fields Estate was laid out on a grid system with 2-storey terraces, designed by E Stone Collins of the LCC Architects Department. By 1911 it comprised 1,229 houses and 4 shops with the church at the centre. All Saints was built in 1904-6 by Temple Moore through the beneficence of Lady Charles Brudenell-Bruce in memory of her husband; Brudenell Road recalls the family.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- War Memorial
- Description: In the central part of the garden are three plinths with four plaques commemorating those of the parish who lost their lives in World War 1. The plaques were vandalised in 2011.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Tooting Bec (Northern)
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Official WebsiteClick Here