Stapleton Great Park 6608

Stapleton, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

In the 13th century there was a park at Shadymoor, near Stapleton. 'Shadymoor' included an area that was called Corfield's Coppice in 1901, which had earlier been called Lower Shadymoor Wood. East and south of this area there were also 'park' field names.

History

In 1284 Robert of Stapleton had licence to impark 'Alsemore.' This was probably the park formed between 1290 and 1311 which occupied most of Shadymoor. It had been leased by 1453. The park is now lost.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Condover
References

References