Crees Park, Leebotwood 5249

Leebotwood, Shropshire, England

Brief Description

In 1372 the abbot of Haughmond leased Crees grange to Edward Acton, with lands including Crees park. These lands lay close to Longnor park.

History

Crees grange was created around 1255 for Haughmond Abbey, and had been leased continuously from 1304. In 1372, the abbot of Haughmond leased the grange to Edward Acton, at which time the lands also included a park.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Leebotwood
References

References