Condover House (also known as Villa Marina)909

Llandudno, Wales

Brief Description

Condover House, built in the mid-20th century, is situated on the north shore of Llandudno. It has very well-preserved and unusual gardens which complement the modern house in the use of materials and themes. Terraces descend to the seashore and a fine pavilion. A more traditional formal area has a sunken lawn and pond.

History

The house was built in about 1936 to a design by Harry W. Weedon for the owner Harry Scribbans. In 1954 it became a hotel, and later a convalescent home. It is now in private ownership.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: Art Deco-style home built with echoes of ship architecture.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pavilion
  • Description: A flat-roofed pavilion built of concrete.
  • Lawn
  • Description: Sunken lawn.
  • Terrace
  • Description: Terraces descend to the seashore.
Pond
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Llandudno
Associated People

Just one person associated to Condover House

Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here
References

References