Stanmore Recreation Ground has fine trees at the entrance on Dennis Lane including mature oak and areas of shrub planting near the pavilions.
The site of Stanmore Recreation Ground was probablly once part of the estate of Stanmore Hall. The original house was built in the 18th century by the Duke of Chandos who owned the Canons estate. Stanmore Hall was added to by later owners, and in 1847 it was re-sited, when the present house near Little Common was built by J M Derick for John Rhodes. The recreation ground was laid out in the 1930s.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Stanmore (Jubilee). Bus: 142
London Parks and Gardens Trust