The park has a circular boating pond, now drained and weed-filled, in the middle of a grassy area with various deciduous trees. On the southern side are tennis courts, small formal beds and two playgrounds. There is a perimeter path with several benches, having cast-iron supports and arm-rests in the shape of lion heads dated around 1934. Adjoining the park is the rear elevation of Days Almshouses with a grass terrace and evergreen planting.
Stonegrove Park opened in May 1934 and is a small irregularly shaped public park between the main road and residential streets. Development in the area took place during the 1920s although by the early-19th century some houses had been built along Stone Grove, including Stone Grove House.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Edgware (Northern)