Today what remains of the marsh as open land is on the east of where Marsh Lane becomes Honeypot Lane, divided into two sections by Whitchurch Lane. It is an important site for nature conservation.
Stanmore Marsh is former commonland that is shown on maps from the late C16th onwards, although Marsh Farm to the east is marked in 1520. It appears that it was once at the boundary of the adjoining parishes of Great Stanmore and Little Stanmore and was grazed by the livestock of commoners from both parishes.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Canons Park (Jubilee)
London Parks and Gardens Trust