The secluded public garden dates from the mid-C20th and was laid out with lawns, shrubbery beds, areas of ornamental planting and contains a number of fine trees. Former outbuildings Church House Cottage and Cowmans Cottage face onto the garden.
Bernays Gardens is located on what was once part of the grounds of a large house called Manor House, since demolished. It takes its name from the Bernays family, of whom Leopold and later Stewart Bernays were rectors of Stanmore parish church. The nearby Ernest Bernays Memorial Institute commemorates Leopold's eldest son Ernest who died tragically in 1870.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Stanmore (Jubilee). Bus: H12, 340