Features of the public garden include a circular rose bed and a war memorial.
Crescent Gardens were laid out on former rural open space, and by 1894 there were curving paths in the north part, and by 1910 the whole was laid out with serpentine paths, trees, shrubberies and formal bedding. The World War 1 war memorial on High Road was in place before 1935. The south end of the gardens was renamed King George VI Memorial Garden and opened on 25 April 1953, laid out with shrub beds behind stone retaining walls, seating and a small circular rose bed in the centre.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Wood Green (Piccadilly). Bus: 29, 121, 232, 329, W4