Between the churchyard and Beddington Manor house are brick and flint walls dating from at least the 17th century, those to south and west of later date. The oldest part of the churchyard is to the south and west of the church. The burial ground was extended to the west of Church Road and laid out around 1975 with flint walls and a large lych-gate.
St Mary the Virgin Church at Beddington is recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086. Fragments of the church building date from just after the Norman Conquest, although the building is largely 14th-century.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Hackbridge. Bus: 55, 407, 410, 726.
Church of England
London Parks and Gardens Trust