Mellows Park is open grassland with hedged areas, flower beds and mature trees lining the perimeter and main internal paths. The remains of a World War 2 raid shelter survives in the south-west corner. A number of earlier features are now lost, including orchards and a rose garden.
The park is named after Councillor Mellows and was laid out in 1930. The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1867 shows the site as open land, part of the downs situated between Sandy Lane and Plough Lane, which convene to the north.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Wallington. Bus: 157, 154, 455.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust