What is now The Grove Park was purchased by Carshalton UDC in 1924 and opened as a public park.
The Grove Park was once part of The Grove estate, itself originally within the sub-manor of Stone Court that dates back to the 14th century. Stone Court was purchased by John Cater in 1697, but after his death the property was inherited by Thomas Scawen whose uncle, owner of the neighbouring Carshalton Park, had provided mortgages to Cater. Thomas Scawen lived at Stone House until his death and undertook landscaping works that partially survive. The estate was divided in the early-19th century.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8.15am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8.15am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Carshalton. Bus 127, 157, 407, X26.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)