The form of the present landscape with fountains, borders, yews etc. was made between 1928-1930. The lakeside was extended in length in the C19th and now has a wooded perimeter. The site has many fine trees. Elms Pond was restored in c.2004.
Elms Pond Open Space and Lakeside are landscaped lakes that were associated with Wallington House, which was demolished in 1928. Elms Pond became part of the Elms estate in 1799 and was landscaped c.1805. Although the Manor House has gone, there was a clause in the 1790s to ensure preservation of the land as open space.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Hackbridge c1km to north, Wallington c1.5km to south. Bus: 151, A5, 726, 407
- 18th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust