The College moved to Maidenhead in 2006 and the buildings and surrounding gardens were sold to the Matterhorn group with the expressed intention of converting it into a care home for the elderly.
St Joseph's Foreign Missionary Society was founded in 1866 by Cardinal Herbert Vaughan, who built St Joseph's College here in 1869-71. It was officially opened on the feast of St Joseph in 1873, a statue of the saint erected to mark completion of the building. In the grounds was a circular burial ground on an elevated terrace, approached by a long walk and surrounded by tall pines.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Mill Hill Broadway then bus. Bus: 251.
London Parks and Gardens Trust