The mill field is now a public park on sloping ground with fine views to the west from the top, where seats are provided. Some fine mature trees and hedgerows remain of the older landscape including oak.
The Mill Field may be the site of the windmill that gave the area its name, documented in 1321 within a survey of the Manor of Hendon. In 1353 Stephen Nicholls is recorded as the Miller and owner of a farm on 'Le Ridgeway'. By the mid-18th century the windmill was disused and it had disappeared by 1754.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Mill Hill East (Northern) then bus. Rail: Mill Hill Broadway then bus. Bus: 240, 251.
London Parks and Gardens Trust