The village green is an informal area of grass with two ponds. The Nicholl's Almshouses of 1696 face onto it as do a number of C18th and C19th properties including the former Methodist Chapel.
When the windmill further to the west along the Ridgeway ceased operating in the late C14th, the houses at the top of Milespit Hill became the centre of the hamlet of Mill Hill, due to the location on this important route to Hendon. However it was not referred to as a village until the mid C19th. The High Street was once part of The Ridgeway but in 1793 the main road was routed slightly further north in order to bypass the village.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Mill Hill East (Northern) then bus. Bus: 240
London Parks and Gardens Trust