Watling Park is within the Watling Estate, a large LCC housing estate built in the 1920s on former farmland, its design influenced by Arts and Crafts and the Garden City movement. It is named after the nearby pre-Roman route, Watling Street. Watling Park was one of a number of open spaces created through the estate, following the course of the Silk Stream and its tributary. The landscaping includes a formal rose garden.
In June 1929 the land put aside for Watling Park was cleared of building materials and it opened in 1931.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Burnt Oak (Northern). Bus: 32, 14, 226, 251.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)