The garden has been re-landscaped through the efforts of the Friends of St John's Churchyard working with St Mungo's Putting Down Roots gardening training scheme for homeless people, including a Parterre Garden that was formally opened in December 2006.
The garden was created on the former churchyard of St John, one of the four Waterloo Churches, and built in 1824. The churchyard's conversion to a public garden in 1877 is associated with Octavia Hill, and its early facilities were provided through the MPGA.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset. Church open daily.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset. Church open daily.
DirectionsRail: Waterloo. Tube: Waterloo (Northern, Waterloo and City, Jubilee, Bakerloo). Bus: 1, 4, 26, 59, 68, 168, 171, 172, 188.
London Parks and Gardens Trust