The Queen's Walk, Lambeth (also known as Riverside Walk)9486

Greater London, Greater London, England

Brief Description

The Queen's Walk is tree-lined and features views of the Houses of Parliament. It passes the London Eye and there are a number of sculptures.

History

The Queen's Walk or Riverside Walk is part of the Thames riverside promenade and now runs from Blackfriars Bridge to south of Westminster Bridge, from where it extends southwards as Albert Embankment. An area of landscaping was initially laid out when County Hall was built and finished in 1917, but in 1949 the riverside walk was extended as a promenade for the 1951 Festival of Britain and retained as public open space when the Festival finished, opening in 1952.

Visitor Facilities

Opening is unrestricted.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Opening is unrestricted.

Directions

Rail/Tube: Waterloo (Northern, Waterloo and City, Jubilee, Bakerloo). Bus: 1, 4, 68, 76, 159
References

Contributors

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust