Various facilities have been added over the years, including a garden area dedicated to Octavia Hill and a community orchard was planted in 2010.
The site was formerly within the grounds of the Archbishop of Canterbury's Lambeth Palace and in the late-19th century the 'local poor' were given limited public access to what became known as Lambeth Palace Field. Following a campaign for it to have unrestricted opening, in 1900 a licence was granted by the Church Commissioners for it to become a public park, which was laid out and opened in 1901.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset.
DirectionsRail: Waterloo. Tube: Waterloo (Northern, Waterloo & City, Jubilee, Bakerloo); Lambeth North (Bakerloo). Bus: 3, 12, 53, 77, 159
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)