There are some good 19th-century headstones in the secluded churchyard, which is screened from the busy roads by trees and shrubs. Among those buried here are members of the influential Merrick family, after whom Merrick Road is named.
St John's Church Burial Ground surrounds the old parish church of Southall, which was built in 1837/8 and is now a Youth Centre. By the beginning of the 20th century, the church had become too small for the needs of its congregation and enlargement of the building was initially considered, building over a section of the graveyard. An alternative scheme went ahead and a new church was built nearby in 1910.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Southall. Bus: 120, 105, 195, H32.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust