Norwood Green is a triangular area that was once common land of the old village of Norwood, centred on the parish church of St Mary's. The Green remains bordered by trees, which were formerly elm trees.
By 1800 there were 40 houses around the green, and it is now surrounded by mainly 1930s housing. Norwood Green Cricket Club was founded in 1867 and had free use of the Green. By 1935 there were 2 children's swings and football pitches were marked out in summer.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Southall then bus. Bus: 120.
London Parks and Gardens Trust